As a parent or carer, you are an important part of our school community. We offer a range of services to support you and your family.
Counselling for families
The school counsellor can assist when families undergo a trauma or big change. Contact us to make an appointment. For information in community languages, see school counselling service.
Outside of the education system, free telephone counselling services are available to support families who may be going through a difficult time.
- Lifeline – 24-hour telephone counselling service. 13 11 14.
- Mensline Australia – 24-hour telephone counselling service for men. 1300 789 978.
- Parent line – 24-hour advice and information service. 1300 1300 52.
Interpreting and translations
We will help you communicate with our school. If you’d like an interpreter for a school meeting, let us know and we will arrange one, if available.
If you don’t speak or understand English well and want to contact us, call TIS National on 131 450 and ask for an interpreter in your language. The operator will call the school and get an interpreter to help. This service is free.
For more information, listen in your language.
Visit the department’s translated documents section for important information that’s relevant for your child’s education in many languages.
Parents and Citizens’ Association (P&C)
Our Parents and Citizens’ Association (P&C) is made up of parents and carers, teachers and community members. The P&C meets regularly to contribute to decision-making, developing policies and management plans as well as fundraising.
Stockton Public School has a strong Parent and Citizen support group. The group fundraise for the school by hosting events like trivia nights, pie drives, raffles and a bi-annual School Fete. The P&C also run the school canteen. The P&C meetings are held on the third Monday of each month at 6.30pm in the school Library.
All interested community members are welcome to attend.
Download minutes from our meetings:
- Financial statements 2017 (PDF 782.5KB)
- Position statement 14/3/2017 (PDF 280.9KB)
- P & C Annual general meetings minutes 20/3/17 (PDF 184.5KB)
- Code of conduct (PDF 632.4KB)
- P & C flow chart (PDF 90.7KB)
- P & C handbook (PDF 941.3KB)
- Role of the President (PDF 208.6KB)
- Role of the Secretary (PDF 211.2KB)
- Role of the Treasurer (PDF 396.5KB)
- P & C Bylaws (PDF 31.3KB)
- P & C Constitution (PDF 45.4KB)
- P& C Meeting minutes 15/3/18 (DOCX 81.3KB)